In Ayurveda, massage has always played a major role in healing. Ayurvedic massage rejuvenates and preserves the body, encouraging balance and equilibrium throughout the whole nervous system.
There are several unique aspects to Abhyanga or Ayurvedic Massage. The treatments is designed to create balance between the three doshas; Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Warm medicated herbal oils are selected along with the use of certain strokes designed with your constitution and the season in mind. The massage concludes at the head in order to help stabilise the nervous system and to bring about balance between the mind and body.
- Increases energy, vitality
- Improves blood and lymph circulation
- Slows the aging process
- Increased mental alertness
- Improved elimination of impurities from the body
- Softer, smoother skin
- Improves Agni (metabolic Fire)
- Quality sleep
- Counters joint stiffness
- Increased circulation, especially to nerve endings
- Toning of the muscles and the whole physiology
- Stimulates and strengthens the lymphatic system thus improving the immune system
*An initial Ayurvedic massage, where a consultation hasn’t taken place prior, will require a further 20 minute appointment to discuss your needs and select the appropriate oil before we start.
**It’s not recommended that an Ayurvedic massage be received during menstruation, please consider this when booking your appointment.